This is a pre-release beta version of Papers for Mac, intended for testing upcoming features and gathering feedback. Before updating to a pre-release version of Papers for Mac, please make a backup of your Papers Library. If you experience any issues, or have any feedback, please contact our support team.
If you no longer wish to receive notifications regarding pre-release versions of Papers for Mac, you can opt-out via the menu: Papers ▸ Preferences ▸ General.
- Fixes some UI rendering errors that affected windows in El Capitan.
- Updates the license agreement.
- Adds an option to send usage statistics to help improve future versions.
Changes in Version 3.4.4 (485)
- Updates CSL styles.
- Removes option to upload your libraries for matching.
- Restores the loupe icon in the library search field.
- Papers will remember if you choose "Selected Papers Only" as your export scope.
import dateproperty of the
publication itemclass is now writable
- Added read-only support for collections:
- Walk the hierarchy of both manual and smart collections, i.e., list all top-level collections and get their child collections (and again their parents).
- Get the publications contained in a collection.
- Rename collections.
- Get all the manual collections that contain a publication.
- Filter publications by the name of their collections. i.e., get only those publications which are contained. in manual collections matching a certain name.
Changes in Version 3.4.4 (481)
- It is now possible to open Papers libraries by dragging them onto the Papers application icon.
- Improved the appearance of the inspector.
- Adds advanced configuration options for administrators managing Papers installations inside of an institution. Learn more on our knowledge base.
- It is now possible to search using the ACM search engine again.
- Papers will no longer crash when filtering certain fields.
- Resolves a crash when importing exceptionally large Papers 2 libraries.
Changes in Version 3.4.4 (469)
- Need to access your PDFs while matching? We now present the matching panel as a floating window (rather than a popover), so you can move or resize the panel as you wish.
- You can also add queries to match searches by control-clicking on content in the reader view, then selecting "Match with Selection" from the context menu.
- If you have any feedback regarding these changes, please contact our support team.
- Papers now uses HTTPS when checking for updates.
- Papers will now leave full screen mode when placed into a mode that doesn't support full screen.
- The search token popover will now follow the main Papers window if it is moved or resized.