- Automatic PDF download: Papers will try to fetch the PDF automatically when a search result is imported into the library.
- Papers Bookmarklet: article webpages are opened in the Reader ready for import to the library, complete with metadata and a PDF, if available for the article.
- Papers Online: publications from the Reading List and any Shared Collections can now be imported into the library via drag-and-drop.
- Smart Collections: library keywords can now be used as conditions on Smart Collections (either on their own, or in combination with other filter conditions).
Performance & Stability
- Users running non-English versions of Windows are now able to update their copy of Papers 3 for Windows - this update removes an error dialog stating "An error occurred while applying security settings..." during installation.
- The "Imported" metadata field is now set correctly when importing papers to the library.
- The unread status icon in the library List and Columns views, and the "Mark as Unread" & "Mark as Read" context menu options now appear under all conditions.
- Improvements to duplicate paper detection when importing items to the library.
- Papers 3 for Windows must be already be running for the new bookmarklet to open the paper in the Reader ready for import.