- You can now share papers via more services, as we now use Mac OS' built-in sharing services for sharing.
- You no longer need to add your Twitter or Facebook credentials to Papers to share. Just sign in via System Preferences ▸ Accounts.
- New ways of sharing your papers: Link, Papers Link, PDF, PDF with Annotations, Reference List and Papers Archive.
- Adds an option to disable text and line art smoothing in PDFs to General Preferences. This may improve image quality on non-retina displays.
- A publication's citekey can now be set via scripting.
- Adds new scripting properties:
formatted file name
full path on virtual disk
- "Remember last read position" and "Use identical zoom factor for all PDFs" preferences are more reliable.
- The contents of the Notes Export save panel are no longer truncated.
- Papers imported via Google Patents are no longer missing their URLs.
- It is no longer possible to create more than one "me" author.
- Papers will no longer create a duplicate "me" author when opening a library which contains a paper authored by yourself.
- Resolves an issue where Citations would insert the current clipboard content, rather than a citekey or reference.
- Ink annotations now move in the way you'd expect them to when dragged around on El Capitan.
- Papers will no longer show a message saying that that your
Papers Library is damaged if it is located inside of a Google Drive
containing a damaged
- Papers will no longer warn you multiple times if your library is placed into a shared folder.
- Papers will now warn you if you move your library into the trash.
- It is no longer possible to select the "Shared Collections" header in the sidebar.
- Adds crash reporting to Citations
- Fixes appearance of PDF zoom slider on El Capitan
- You can now perform local library search queries that only consist of a "NOT" operator.
- Searching Crossref for a query that only consists of a "NOT" operator no longer causes Papers to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixes a crash when creating certain uncommon queries.
- Selecting your current library in maintenance mode no longer incorrectly shows a prompt warning you that you are switching to a library that is a copy of your current library.
- eLife articles imported from CrossRef are now imported with the correct title.