- Keyboard shortcuts: Adds "Add Review" & "Add Keywords" menu items (keyboard shortcuts ⇧⌘R and ⇧⌘K respectively) under the "Paper" menu, previously available in Papers 2.
Performance & Stability
- Paper management: Choosing "New Paper → From Reference…" when viewing a paper in the Reader no longer results in a crash.
- Reduces the likelihood of app crashes in rare circumstances, for example when editing note annotations.
- Papers Online: Changes to star rating, color labels or general notes for papers in Papers Online collections are now shown consistently.
- Library Search: Complete library metadata is now available when using the Search tab and "Papers Library" as the search engine.
- Papers Online: Improvements to error handling when signed in to Papers Online.
- Multiple authors or keywords can now be added or deleted without the "Add Author" & "Add Keyword" pop-over views being dismissed automatically.
- Library Export: All exporters now respect currently-selected papers regardless of which tab is selected, rather than only exporting any previously-selected papers in the Library tab.
- Dragging a metadata file onto the Overview inspector for a paper will now correctly offers the ability to replace the paper's metadata.
- Citekeys are now unlocked when they are deleted, reverting back to a universal citekey. Previously, blank citekeys would be exported.
- Spotlight Indexing: When switching to a different library, the Spotlight Search Index is automatically re-built if one does not exist.
- When closing the last paper in the Reader tab, the app will now return to the previously open tab before entering the Reader.
- QuickLook improvements: More filetypes are now compatible for previewing via QuickLook within Papers 3 for Mac.
- Improved handling of non-roman characters that require multiple keystrokes to type (such as Chinese, Japanese or Korean characters).
- Improved Library search bar typing responsiveness on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Minor UI tweaks to menus & layout.