- Freehand annotations that were added using Papers 3 for iOS are now synched and displayed on Papers 3 for Mac! (Freehand annotation editing on Papers 3 for Mac will be added in a future update).
- Dragging one or more papers from your library into a note annotation will now add the citekey references to that note.
- Scripting API: It's now possible to set a publication's authors or editors via a string of person names:
tell application "Papers" set selectedPapers to selected publications of front library window set author names of first item of selectedPapers to "Griekspoor, A.C.; Neefjes, J.J.; Groothuis, T.A.M." end tell
- Adds support for exporting PMCIDs during a BibTeX export operation.
Performance & Stability Improvements:
- Addresses several causes of crashes when using OS X 10.10 Yosemite Developer Preview and Beta releases (specifically when viewing PDFs, and a crash on launch in DP6).
- Citations can now be inserted into supported apps when using OS X 10.10 Yosemite Developer Preview and Beta releases.
- The Citations on/off switch in the preferences panel is now labelled correctly when running the app on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Addresses an issue that could occur when tokenizing keywords in the Federated Search when running the app on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Further performance & stability improvements to the new patch-based syncing engine.
- Addresses a crash that could occur when interacting with collections in the sidebar.
- Addresses a rare crash that could occur if a items in a Papers Online collection had missing keywords.
- Addresses a bug which meant some common document identifiers (PMID, DOI, arXiv ID, ISBN) were not automatically detected when using the Federated Search.
- Fixed an issue where Papers couldn't split a string of multiple author names by the semicolon character.
- Fixed an issue where if the "Suggested matches" popover was dismissed without matching, outdated results would be displayed the next time the popover was used with a different paper.
- Addresses a rare bug that causes the library to collapse to a very small window.
- Re-enables metadata parsing in the Preview frame.
- When running on OS X 10.10 Developer Preview 6 or later, automatically scrolling to a specific annotation on a paper using the sidebar inspector will instead scroll to the top of the page that the annotation is on (manually scrolling to annotations is still possible as a workaround).
- Please read our article about using Papers 3 for Mac with the recent Mac OS X Yosemite public beta release - there are some known issues, and therefore careful consideration should be given before installing Mac OS X Yosemite if Papers 3 for Mac is critical to your workflow.