- Freehand annotations that were added using Papers 3 for iOS are now synched and displayed on Papers 3 for Mac! (Freehand annotation editing on Papers 3 for Mac will be added in a future update).
- Dragging one or more papers from your library into a note annotation will now add the citekey references to that note.
- Scripting API: It's now possible to set a publication's authors or editors via a string of person names:
tell application "Papers" set selectedPapers to selected publications of front library window set author names of first item of selectedPapers to "Griekspoor, A.C.; Neefjes, J.J.; Groothuis, T.A.M." end tell
Performance & Stability Improvements:
- Addresses a crash that could occur when interacting with collections in the sidebar.
- Further performance & stability improvements to the new patch-based syncing engine.
- Fixed an issue where Papers couldn't split a string of multiple author names by the semicolon character.
- Fixed an issue where if the "Suggested matches" popover was dismissed without matching, outdated results would be displayed the next time the popover was used with a different paper.
- Please read our article about using Papers 3 for Mac with the recent Mac OS X Yosemite public beta release - there are some known issues, and therefore careful consideration should be given before installing Mac OS X Yosemite if Papers 3 for Mac is critical to your workflow.