With Anywhere Access you can seamlessly download articles directly from your web browser. Find papers as you normally would on Dimensions, PubMed, Google Scholar and journal websites - the extension allows you to add those references, along with optional notes, to any of your lists and will even allow you to download PDFs to your local drive.
Currently, the extension supports Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox.
Easy Firefox Installation Instructions:
Unlike our extensions for Edge and Chrome, Firefox requires you to manually add our extension. Why manual install? Mozilla only accepts extensions that offer full functionality to everyone. Since Anywhere Access provides access to full-text scholarly articles through a user's institution, it's not broad enough to be listed in the Mozilla store. The good news is that manual installing is just as easy!
- Download the browser extension here.
Once you have file downloaded, just dragging the .xpi onto an open Firefox window to install. Alternatively, you can also install by going to the Add-ons window (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions), click the "Install" button at the bottom left, navigate to the location of the downloaded file, click/double-click on the .xpi file to install.
- A new tab will appear prompting you to sign In with your institutional email and you are all set!
- Now search for papers as you normally would in your web browser (we currently support the Dimensions, PubMed and Google Scholar search engines, as well as many publisher journal websites).
- For officially supported sites you will see a "View PDF" button directly on the page. Click the "View PDF" icon to access the article and then select "Download PDF" to save a copy locally on your computer.
- To manage the extension - head to the menu icon in the top right corner and select "Add Ons". Through the Add-on Manager page, you can update your preferences, disable or remove the extension.
If you experience any issues trying to install the browser send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org